After months sometimes even years of planning the perfect day, figuring out what to do after your honeymoon can be a challenge. Luckily for you, we are here to make sure that you get all the important things taken care of after your perfect wedding day.
1. Get your dress dry cleaned and stored away- You want to make sure you get your dressed dry cleaned and stored in a temperature controlled location 6 months after your big day. Your dress is a very delicate thing and if it’s not properly taken care of soon after your wedding you could end up damaging it.
Having been host to many military weddings, we can’t help but be proud and thankful to these couples that share their special day with us. These are men and women that at a moments notice, can be shipped off leaving their loved ones behind for months or even years. So to help those brides that are busy planning their military wedding, here are some tips to make your big day go much more smoothly.
It’s great that a lot of the work that goes into planning a civilian wedding is the same when it comes to planning a military one with just a few tweaks.
1. Pick a date: This might be the most obvious but trust us, when planning a military wedding picking the date should definitely be at the top of your list. With the chance of deployment taking you or your fiance away, make sure you have the perfect date so that you have enough time to invite your guests and plan the big day.
2. Location, Location, Location: For military brides and grooms the option is limitless. You can choose to get married on a military base (some bases won’t even charge you and best of all most come with gorgeous views) or you can opt to get married wherever you feel will best suite you and your groom. Make sure that they have your date available and that they can accommodate you should you decide to do some military traditions.
3. Tradition: Including some military tradition to your wedding adds that something special to a day that’s already spectacular. Imagine how stunning the picture of you and your groom walking under a saber or sword arch after just saying “I do.” GORGEOUS!
4. Wedding Dresses: If you are a military bride on a special budget there are some great places out there for you to get your dress without having to dip into your savings. Some great sites are Brides Across America, Alfred Angelo Bridal, and Military Bride.
5. Consider wedding insurance: Wedding insurance can be a great money saver for military brides. If you or your groom’s deployment date has changed at the last minute, wedding insurance can cover the cost of postponing the nuptials and other things. For more about wedding insurance check out this blog post here.