We are so excited that Mother’s Day is coming up! It’s a day where you can honor the woman who put up with you, loved you, and still to this day puts up with you. So in honor of all those amazing mother’s out there we are celebrating in the best way….by eating! Come join us Sunday, May 12 for our delicious Mother’s Day Buffet. You definitely won’t want to miss it!
Having been host to many military weddings, we can’t help but be proud and thankful to these couples that share their special day with us. These are men and women that at a moments notice, can be shipped off leaving their loved ones behind for months or even years. So to help those brides that are busy planning their military wedding, here are some tips to make your big day go much more smoothly.
It’s great that a lot of the work that goes into planning a civilian wedding is the same when it comes to planning a military one with just a few tweaks.
1. Pick a date: This might be the most obvious but trust us, when planning a military wedding picking the date should definitely be at the top of your list. With the chance of deployment taking you or your fiance away, make sure you have the perfect date so that you have enough time to invite your guests and plan the big day.
2. Location, Location, Location: For military brides and grooms the option is limitless. You can choose to get married on a military base (some bases won’t even charge you and best of all most come with gorgeous views) or you can opt to get married wherever you feel will best suite you and your groom. Make sure that they have your date available and that they can accommodate you should you decide to do some military traditions.
3. Tradition: Including some military tradition to your wedding adds that something special to a day that’s already spectacular. Imagine how stunning the picture of you and your groom walking under a saber or sword arch after just saying “I do.” GORGEOUS!
4. Wedding Dresses: If you are a military bride on a special budget there are some great places out there for you to get your dress without having to dip into your savings. Some great sites are Brides Across America, Alfred Angelo Bridal, and Military Bride.
5. Consider wedding insurance: Wedding insurance can be a great money saver for military brides. If you or your groom’s deployment date has changed at the last minute, wedding insurance can cover the cost of postponing the nuptials and other things. For more about wedding insurance check out this blog post here.
Love was in the air this year! So much so that so many of our favorite celebrities got happily engaged this year!! Here is a list of the top 10 weddings we are looking forward too in 2013!!
1. Jennifer Aniston and Justin Theroux (rumor has it that they were planning a super secret wedding in Mexico, but moved it after word got out to the press)
2. Janet Jackson and Wissam Al Mana
3. Brandy and Ryan Press
4. Kelly Clarkson and Brandon Blackstock (fun fact: his step-mom is Reeba McEntire!)
5. Miley Cyrus and Liam Hemsworth (or are they already married? Sneaky Sneaky)
6. Angelina Jolie and Brad Pitt (although they do have 100 kids together so technically we see them as engaged)
7. Halle Berry & Olivier Martinez
8. Shakira and Girard Pique
9. Jesse Tyler Ferguson and Justin Mikita
10. Aaron Paul and Lauren Corrine
Congrats to these cute couples!! Here’s hoping they have incredible weddings in 2013!!!
Lately Miley Cyrus has been surprising us over and over again. First she declared that “she can’t be tamed,” then she got engaged at the tender age of 19, then she went and cut her signature long locks and bleached them blonde. So it would be no surprise if she and her 22 year-old fiance Liam Hemsworth tied the knot without letting us know. So the question is did they? Well the answer is: we’re not sure. As you can see in the picture above, Hemsworth is seen rocking a dark band on his wedding finger during a cute photograph with Cyrus and their pooch. Miley is also seen wearing a diamond band with her Neil Lane engagement ring.
Maybe they were just trying them on to see if they fit? Either way, both were photographed the next day without their new bands. We’re guessing that this was all for fun and that their wedding day is right around the corner. New Years anyone?
This is truly an amazing time of the year. Something in the air changes and everything just seems to feel magical. At Blair Mill Inn we try to recreate that magical feeling for you on your big day. Our amazing staff, talented planners and amazing venue, will make your wedding something out of a fairy tale.
So Happy Holidays! We hope that you and your loved ones have a great time this holiday season, and we hope that you keep Blair Mill Inn in mind when you’re planning your special day.